Go Deeper with Video Storytelling with Girls' Voices Movement
Girls’ Voices Movement is an online community where girls learn how to express themselves powerfully with digital media. This free resource is available for girls everywhere and teachers to share with girls aged 13 – 21. Girls learn to create compelling digital stories, designed for creating safely at home – along with a supportive community of young women and professional women mentors!
Girls’ Voices believes that, through the power of storytelling, we can feel a closer bond across boundaries, shift perspectives, and offer hope in difficult times. You never know how your story may inspire others or shift their perspective!
“Girls” and “young women” includes girls, transgender, and gender non-conforming youth. From October – December we are offering a free online videography & photography courses focused on supporting young women who want to share their vision for change in their communities.
Girls' Voices Movement is a Safe Space
Our free online community offers:
- A safe environment for youth organizations, facilitated by Girls’ Voices staff
- Photography & Videography Courses led by women photographers and filmmakers
- Self-directed learning
- A global community of young women leaders
- Webinars to connect our girls from around the world and get feedback and insight from Girls’ Voices Alumni
- Supportive feedback and a safe space to explore creativity and expression
- Prompts lead to projects that can be submitted to Girls’ Voices contests
- Designed for shelter-in-place creativity
- Students earn badges after completing sessions, leading to a Girls’ Voices certificates
Please note: Girls will need internet and a smart phone, tablet, or computer to participate.